Friday, January 14, 2011

Childbirth Prep

So, Joey and I started our childbirth classes last Thursday night and now have completed two courses (have two more to go).  I'm not going to lie, sitting in there and listening to some of that stuff really gets my heart racing -- especially since the women in the videos they show appear to be in so much pain.  Don't get me wrong, I know it is going to be painful, but, I mean, can't they show videos of women with freakishly high pain tolerances to make it appear to be a little less painful?!?!

Joey had me laughing so hard last night in our class.  They talk a lot about your "coach" (aka: Joey) and what all they are responsible for: massaging, supporting, picking out new breathing techniques, praise, being a focal point, etc...  Joey leaned over to me last night and said: "I'm not going to lie, I really had no idea it was going to be this hard[refering to himself].  I just kind of thought I was going to show up and hang out."  Even as I write, that still makes me laugh :)

The teacher of the class asked all of us what one thing we wanted to accomplish to help better prepare for baby prior to next week was:

My task: purchase the coming home outfit (we are going to buy a boys outfit and a girls outfit) -- so excited about this :)

Joey's: he wants to purchase snacks for his "coach's kit" (bag he takes for himself to the hospital).  Again, he makes me laugh :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Just about 6 weeks left to go!!!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment