Thursday, February 17, 2011

12 days and counting....

Well, the time is drawing near!  Just 12 days to go until March 1 -- hard to believe, but really, I have a feeling these might be the longest 12 days I've ever experienced in my life!  Just so anxious and excited!  Joey just keeps telling me to be patient and that he/she will join us when he/she is ready... easier said than done, but I appreciate his attempts to calm my eagnerness none the less :)

Had our weekly appointment yesterday afternoon and Dr. said I was 80% effaced and about 2 cm dialated!!  At last week's appointment I wasn't dialated at all, so this was great news!  Baby's heartbeat sounded good, baby is still low, and blood pressure was great!  It was a great appointment :)  When I went up to the counter after the appointment was over to schedule my visit for next week, the front desk ladies (who are awesome) asked me how it went and when I told them they were like "What are you even scheduling an appoiontment for?  We're not going to see you next week!"  I told them not to jynx me and my next appointment is set for Monday at 3:15! :)

I do have to say that I have heard a lot about women giving birth on full moons.  SUPPOSEDLY, delivery rooms seem to fill up on these days.  A co-worker was the first to inform me of this, and then the nurse practioner at my dr's office also said it.  Well folks, the next full moon is tomorrow, February 18 -- guess we'll see if there is any truth to it ;) 

This is all I could find on why the moon could possibly have an effect:
The book The Lunar Effect, brought the "biological tides theory" to the forefront and the author, Arnold L. Lieber, argued that the moon affects the human body in much the same way as it does the world's oceans. This means that if a woman is close to her due date during a full moon, the pressure caused by the moon's effect on the water inside the amniotic sac could cause it to burst.

Last weekend was a GREAT weekend!  Had my third and final baby shower on Sunday and it was wonderufl!  It was great seeing family and friends and people's generosity never ceases to amaze me.  Baby H truly received many great things and Joey and I couldn't thank everyone enough (yet again) for all of their love and support!

I also did a lot of walking over the weekend!  Exercise hasn't really been in my vocabulary during this pregnancy (whoops -- will try to do better at that next time ;)).  I told Joey, "okay, we are going to walk all weekend and get things moving!"  After the results from last week to this weeks appointment, I'd say maybe some of that walking worked :)  Sooo, Joey and I took the pups on a long (well long for me at 9 months prego) walk last night after my appointment.  Since it's supposed to be record highs today weather wise, I am predicting another walk after work tonight! :) 

On Monday night (V-day) Joey and I ordered takeout from PF Changs as I wanted to eat the only really "spciy" thing in my diet, Garlic Noodles (those things are hot!).  As everyone can see, I am totally falling for the wives tails of what is supposed to trigger labor. Obviously, since the baby is still in my stomach and not in my arms, the spiceness did nothing but give me heartburn. 

Anyway, I know this is a long post -- just so much going on!

We are definitely ready and just WAITING! 

Baby H, you are welcome to join this world whenever you want -- we're ready for you!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment