Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Emma Jo Hajduch

Hello everyone!  Sorry it has taken me so long to post (being a mommy is hard work!).  :)

As you know, Miss Emma Jo Hajduch joined the world on February 23, 2011 at 4:27 pm!  She was a BIG girl -- 9 lbs. 2 oz. and 20.5 in. long (taking after her mommy who was a whopping 9 lbs. 3 oz.).

Emma is such a wonderful baby and she amazes Joey and I daily!  Really, she sleeps 95% of the day, so that's why I had to capture a little bit of her awake time on video (although she isn't doing anything interesting in it, I just love seeing her baby blues!).  This is us doing tummy time last night:



It is hard to believe that our little girl is going to be 1 month old tomorrow!  Where does the time go?!  It really has me freaked out at how quickly she is going to grow up :(  I know with each phase/age she goes through will come new and exciting things, but I am just enjoying her being a newborn so much (minus me panicking at every little sound she makes, constantly checking on her at night to make sure she's still breathing, and all of the "unknowns" I get so paranoid about)!!

As I mentioned, she sleeps ALL OF THE TIME!  I have to strip her down to wake her up for feedings (try to do about every 3 hours, except at night I just let her sleep until she wakes me up).  Once she's stripped down, she fusses, I feed her for 5-7 minutes, she falls asleep.  Then I have to do something to wake her up again (change her diaper, mess with her a little), then if we're lucky she'll eat for 10 more minutes (with breaks).  It is a big ordeal and lots of work, but all worth it!  I scheduled a weight check for this Thursday just to make sure she is gaining correctly -- fingers crossed!

Joey is such a great daddy!!  I love watching the two of them together -- he absolutely adores her and I'm so blessed to be the wife of such a wonderful man :)  

As for me, I absolutely love being a mom!  I wouldn't change a thing!  I just look at her and can't believe how beautiful she is and that she is actually here!  She is so amazing and I am so lucky :)

Many of you are probably wondering how our naughty pups are adjusting -- well, we really couldn't ask for them to be much better!  Preslie  just wants to lick her and give her kisses whenever she walks by her, it's pretty cute.  Here's a fun pic of the two of them :)

Preslie and Miss Emma
That's about all for now -- time for Emma's next feeding! :)  Just wanted to send a quick thank you to all of our friends and family for their unbelievable love and support!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! <3  

HAPPY TUESDAY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment