Wednesday, April 20, 2011

2 months, 8 weeks, or 56 days old….

Emma Jo is officially 2 months old as of today!  I cannot believe how quickly these past 2 months have gone -- feels like just yesterday I was waiting (rather impatiently) for her arrival!

She continues to amaze Joey and I daily -- I don't know how it happens, but with each day I feel like I couldn't possibly love her anymore, but then the next day I seem to find a way to love her even more than I did the day before!  Amazing how much your heart grows once you have a child (and you seem to understand even more the love your parents have for you!).  All in all, these past 2 months have been the most rewarding, exciting, nerve-wracking, fulfilling, and loving months of my life and I am so excited to watch her continue to grow!

She now is awake a lot more than she used to be which is so much fun!  Don't get me wrong, she still LOVES to sleep and continues to sleep through the night (from about 11:30 pm to 5:30/6am)… lets just hope that continues to stay that way!

She now smiles when she looks at you and recognizes Joey and I when we talk and smile at her -- so rewarding when you get her to give you her big gummy grin! :)  She has also recently began "talking" when she is really happy and just kicks and pumps her arms like crazy!  She LOVES her playmat and staring up at all of her "friends" as we call them (a lion, elephant, monkey, and giraffe).  Here's a pic of her looking right at the camera while playing at Grandma Kate and Grandpa Larry's house last week :)




I took her to get her photos taken professionally for the first time today (she does not like being messed with and does not pose well, so I had been putting this off expecting her to just throw a big fit like she normally does… she did great though!)  Here are my favorites from the session today (she is in her Easter dress)!





I just can't get over how stinkin' cute she is!!! (I'm biased, I know)

We will be heading to KC for Emma's first Easter to spend it with Joey's family.  They are very excited to see her in her dress and Easter bonnet :)

We hope that everyone has a WONDERFUL EASTER!

Love, Carlie, Joey, and Emma Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment