Tuesday, November 2, 2010

23 weeks... and counting!

So I decided that in an effort to track all the notable and exciting things Joey and I are experiencing, I'd try out this blog thing.  Also, I figured it'd be a pretty good way to keep all our loved ones updated on our little one's progress! :) 

We are currently at 23 weeks and both mommy and baby are doing great!  We had our most recent appointment last week and everything is right on track!  We had our 3D ultrasound which was AMAZING -- Joey and I are pretty biased, but we think baby Hajduch is pretty cute already! ;)  It is amazing how technology allows you to see the little face at such an early stage.  I am still comprehending the fact that what is on the sonogram is actually inside my stomach!  We elected to not find out the sex, so we will be waiting anxiously for d-day to come when we find out if a baby girl or boy will be joining our family.  Right now, both daddy and mommy think it's a boy though :)



So far, I have gained a whopping 10 lbs!  I stepped on the scale at the last appointment and saw the number, looked at the nurse and said: "Wait, how much did I weigh last time?"  I managed to gain 6 lbs in a little over 4 weeks ---- yikes!! :)  Everyone says that is normal for the 5th month though.  According to my Baby Center weekly update I get on Tuesdays, baby is about the size of a large mango, weighs over 1 pound and is over 11 inches in length :)

In the meantime, as we prepare for baby's arrival, we are happy to announce that our 'finishing the basement' project is coming to an end! Carpet was put in yesterday and it looks AWESOME! Can't wait to get our furniture in (new sofa arrives Friday).  Joey and grandpa-to-be Larry did an amazing job and I couldn't be luckier to have two guys who have worked so hard these past few months on it! I can't claim too much help on it -- baby and I have been stearing pretty clear of the construction site :)  Once all the furniture is in, I'll post some photos of it for everyone to see!

Next project -- NURSERY!

That's all for now!  Please continue to keep us in your prayers!  We appreciate everyone's love and support!

Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment